Tuesday 15 September 2009

CUBE INVITATIONAL FINALS- Solomon draft

Hi all! Here's the picks from the finals, Solomon draft. This format works as follows: each player is assigned 45 random cards, from which they make their 1st pick. The remaining 88 cards are then shuffled together. Player A then reveals 4 cards to Player B, who picks one. Player A picks two cards, and the last card goes to Player B. They then swap roles and continue in this way until all the cards have been drafted.

This year's finalists were Paul Nonis, and serial runner-up Ian Pirouet, now in his 3rd consecutive final!

Here're their picks and decks.

*FIRST PICKS*
Ian: Sol Ring

Paul: Umezawa's Jitte

P: Flametongue Kavu
I: All Sun's Dawn & Kokusho, the Evening Star
P: Pulse of the Fields

I: Mind Twist
P: Loxodon Hierarch & Vexing Shusher
I: Plateau

P: Tangle Wire
I: Rakdos Signet & Opportunity
P: Goblin Legionnaire

I: Triskelion
P: Keiga, the Tide Star & Dismantling Blow
I: Serum Visions

P: Sensei's Divining Top
I: Standstill & Faceless Butcher
P: Kjeldoran Outpost

I: Wall of Blossoms
P: Goldmeadow Harrier & Duress
I: Night's Whisper

P: Stomping Ground
I: Swords to Plowshares & Black Knight
P: Sphinx of the Steel Wind

I: Vampiric Tutor
P: Spike Weaver & Gaea's Cradle
I: Sudden Death

P: Harmonize
I: Tranquil Thicket & Platinum Angel
P: Stifle

I: Temple Garden
P: Llanowar Elves & Bosh, Iron Golem
I: Capsize

P: Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
I: Bone Shredder & Necropotence
P: Exhume

I: Liliana Vess
P: Profane Command & Goblin Warchief
I: Dimir Signet

P: Forgotten Ancient
I: Knollspine Invocation & Memory Lapse
P: Confiscate

I: Priest of Titania
P: Knight of Meadowgrain & Rugged Prairie
I: Seat of the Synod

P: Sacred Foundry
I: Mirri the Cursed & Underground Sea
P: Lonely Sandbar

I: Squee, Goblin Nabob
P: Mogg Fanatic & Mother of Runes
I: Azorius Signet

P: Nekrataal
I: Smother & Gilded Lotus
P: Jushi Apprentice

I: Saproling Burst
P: Silklash Spider & Fire // Ice
I: Oona's Prowler

P: Black Lotus
I: Time Walk & Gorilla Shaman
P: Breath of Life

I: Savannah
P: River Boa & Tooth and Nail
I: Secluded Steppe

P: Goblin Piledriver
I: Boros Garrison & Withered Wretch
P: Ethersworn Canonist

I: Engineered Explosives
P: Gush & Zuran Orb
I: Momentary Blink

Paul's Deck:

Tangle Wire
River Boa
Umezawa's Jitte
Mogg Fanatic
Knight of Meadowgrain
Llanowar Elves
Tooth and Nail
Bosh, Iron Golem
Black Lotus
Harmonize
Loxodon Hierarch
Fire // Ice
Silklash Spider
Sensei's Divining Top
Forgotten Ancient
Goldmeadow Harrier
Mother of Runes
Flametongue Kavu
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
Keiga, the Tide Star
Goblin Warchief
Goblin Legionnaire
Vexing Shusher
Goblin Piledriver

Sacred Foundry
Gaea's Cradle
Stomping Ground
Kjeldoran Outpost
Rugged Prairie
4 Forest
3 Plains
4 Mountain

Ian's Deck:

Swords to Plowshares
Mind Twist
Triskelion
Withered Wretch
Black Knight
Saproling Burst
Faceless Butcher
Engineered Explosives
Sudden Death
Sol Ring
Gilded Lotus
Vampiric Tutor
Night's Whisper
Liliana Vess
Rakdos Signet
Dimir Signet
Smother
All Suns' Dawn
Kokusho, the Evening Star
Wall of Blossoms
Mirri the Cursed
Time Walk
Platinum Angel
Bone Shredder

Tranquil Thicket
Savannah
Underground Sea
Temple Garden
6 Forest
7 Swamp

No comments:

Post a Comment